Jobs at Sem
- Director of Communications
- Director of Creative Arts Enrollment
- English Teacher: Long-term Substitute
- Lower School Maintenance Mechanic
- Summer Opportunities
Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School seeks a new Director of Communications. This is a wonderful opportunity for candidates to work with a talented, committed faculty and staff. Wyoming Seminary, or “Sem” as it is affectionately known, is situated in the beautiful Wyoming valley of northeast Pennsylvania, famously dubbed, the “valley with a heart.” In close proximity to the Poconos, the area contains many opportunities for outdoor pursuits with its picturesque mountains and lakes. Sem is also only two hours from New York City and Philadelphia.
Known as a school that encourages faculty and students to develop individually and academically, there are also abundant opportunities for student participation in a wide variety of well developed athletic, artistic, and extra-curricular activities. Wyoming Seminary remains a caring, diverse school that enrolls students from around northeast Pennsylvania, the United States and the world. With 173 years of successful educational service and a tradition of academic excellence, Wyoming Seminary enjoys a strong place in the independent school world.
Wyoming Seminary is seeking a Director of Communications. The Director of Communications reports to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid and manages the school’s internal and external communications, advertising and marketing, public relations efforts, as well as print and digital content.
The Director of Communications strategizes and implements Wyoming Seminary’s marketing and public relations objectives. This position assumes responsibility for the school’s branding, search engine marketing, video, digital communications, and print publications. Additionally, the Director of Communications is the Editor-in-Chief of the school magazine, which is sent to approximately 10,000 constituents. This position works collaboratively with all divisions and departments of the school. The ideal candidate will have the ability to balance the needs of the school’s admissions, advancement and academic offices. A goal of this position is to generate interest among prospective families in admissions, as well as to engage our families and constituents with current and meaningful information about the life of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, maintain and execute the school’s strategic marketing plan according to a determined timeline
• Develop strategies to optimize advertising expenditures, identifying marketing vehicles (print, online, etc.) that will most effectively reach Wyoming Seminary’s target audiences
• Analyze and report on performance results; identify ways to assess ROI and effectiveness of advertising efforts
• Manage and collaborate with communications team and freelance artists to create content
• Manage advertising deadlines
• Develop/write/release compelling stories and press releases about Wyoming Seminary students, faculty and other constituents
• Collaborate with Wyoming Seminary leadership and faculty to develop thoughtful pieces to promote Wyoming Seminary’s expertise and value proposition
• Develop relationships with local and regional media to advertise news stories. Coordinate articles and interviews with the press, upon request
• Provide editorial oversight/proofreading for division/department publications, as needed
• Develop and maintain the school’s style/brand guide to maintain common editorial and graphic standards across school publications and online content platforms.
• Manage all front-facing content for the Wyoming Seminary website.
• Identify creative strategies to optimize the delivery of content on website and through social media (e.g. video, slideshows, infographics, etc.)
• Manage school-wide social media platforms and postings, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and Facebook.
• Coordinate special event photography and videography, including vendor outsourcing
• Serve as school photographer to capture day-to-day moments on both Wyoming Seminary campuses and classrooms
• Edit photos and videos for publication; maintain school-wide photography and videography archives
• Develop and maintain productive and creative partnerships with designers, printers, photographers and videographers
• Manage RFP process to secure best pricing/value
• Participate on Board of Trustees Marketing Committee
• Represent the school at various gatherings
• Support the school’s mission and philosophy
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid
• This position requires work on evenings, weekends and early mornings, i.e., communicating with Deans at both divisions, and subsequently the school community, regarding delayed openings, etc.
Experience and Qualifications
• A creative, strategic, analytical, self-starter
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
• Demonstrated successful experience in marketing, communications or public relations
• Demonstrated success in writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
• Computer literacy in word processing, database management and page layout
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
• Prior experience with Finalsite and eNotify software
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience in art direction
• Experience in social media administration
• Working understanding of DSLR cameras
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Knowledge of HTML
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
• Independent school experience a plus
The appointment is a full-time, year-round position and the compensation package will be competitive nationally and commensurate with experience, degree attainment and the national independent school and college markets. Wyoming Seminary offers a generous tuition remission package to the children of full time employees. Housing may be available.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Randy Granger, Executive Hiring Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Wyoming Seminary seeks a Director of Creative Arts Enrollment.
About Wyoming Seminary
Wyoming Seminary, or “Sem” as it is affectionately known, is situated in the beautiful Wyoming valley of northeast Pennsylvania, famously dubbed, the “valley with a heart.” In close proximity to the Poconos, the area contains many opportunities for outdoor pursuits with its picturesque mountains and lakes. Sem is also only two hours from New York City and Philadelphia.
Known as a school that encourages faculty and students to develop individuality and strength of character, there are abundant opportunities for student participation in a wide variety of well-developed athletic, artistic, and extra-curricular activities. Wyoming Seminary has always been a caring, diverse school that enrolls students from around northeast Pennsylvania, the United States and the world. With 174 years of successful educational service and a tradition of academic excellence, Wyoming Seminary enjoys a strong place in the independent school world.
Sem is where students can study their creative craft and present it on stage, in an ensemble, on the dance floor, or in a gallery. Sem’s creative arts programs are broad and deep, with a seasoned, dedicated faculty who nurture students to develop the full range of their creative talents. Our recently completed $16.3 million Kirby Center for Creative Arts provides professional-level practice rooms, classrooms, a dance studio, as well as a 600-seat theater with technology, lighting, and acoustics that rival those found on many college campuses. Recent acts to appear on stage at Sem include the world-renowned José Limón dance company and Wynton Marsalis and his jazz quintet, among others.
The Director of Creative Arts Enrollment will coordinate the student admission process for our vibrant summer arts programs as well as for students who will enroll in our full-year program in grades 9-12; boarding and day. The director is a member of the Wyoming Seminary Summer Programs team, reporting to the Director of Summer Programs. The director will work collaboratively with the Upper School Directors of International and Domestic Admissions, our Theater Arts Marketing Officer and our Director of Communications.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills and bring a “can do” attitude to the position. Experience with student recruitment processes and independent boarding school marketing along with a passion for the arts will prove desirable. The director will maintain and grow the Sem arts referral network including, but not limited to, students, alumni, current and past parents, professional artists and educators, performing arts supporters, school counselors, junior boarding school representatives and school consultants. Attendance at placement fairs, travel for showcases and other opportunities for prospective boarding and day students is required. The ability to positively articulate the many benefits of the arts at Sem and effectively relate to young adults and parents is essential.
Coordinates the admission process for students particularly interested in the Creative Arts for both the summer and full-year programs. This director is a member of the Summer at Sem team, reporting to the Director of Summer Programs. Significant collaboration with the full-year admission team, fine arts department and the summer arts program directors is also expected.
This is a twelve-month position that requires work on some evenings, weekend, and holidays and extensive recruitment travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop promotional campaign for recruiting students
• Establish strong relationships with potential and current parents, staff and faculty
• Maintain and grow the arts referral network
• Attend placement fairs, travel for showcases, and establish other opportunities to yield student applicants
• Attend essential programs, events and performances at feeder schools and at Sem
• Manage student inquires
• Review, interview and accept student applications, organize student audition process
• Prepare monthly and annual reports of enrollment trends
• Serve as a contributing member of the Summer Financial Aid Committee
• Manage and coordinate advertising and public relations efforts with the communications office
• Work in unison with the fine arts department and summer directors to identify specific enrollment needs
• Manage student enrollments and registration process
• Support the summer art programs and campus activities during the summer months
• Manage distribution and archive of summer art images, recordings and videos
• Perform all such other related duties consistent with the position as assigned
• Knowledge of and a willingness to grow an arts referral network and a market for student recruiting
• Passionate and capable recruiter
• Clear understanding of the creative arts
• Self-directed: ability to grasp a vision and build effective strategies to achieve the vision without significant oversight
• Seasoned interpersonal and management skills
• Success as an organizational leader
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to build rapport and establish credibility to affect positive outcomes
• Ability to lead, inspire and partner with a team
• Highly organized, detail oriented and creative
• Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor, integrity and professionalism
• Authentic people skills
• Bachelors degree required, masters degree preferred
• Three to five years of admission/recruiting experience
• Experience working within the creative arts/working with and supporting artists
To apply, please complete an application.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School seeks high school English teacher from Nov. 27, 2017-Feb. 16, 2018. Successful candidate to teach four sections of elective literature courses. College degree in English and proven success as a high school English teacher requested. Send cover letter and resume to Lauren Streifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyoming Seminary seeks candidates for full-time groundskeeper position. Candidates must be capable of obtaining all required clearances to work in a school, have a valid Pa. driver’s license, be customer service focused, familiar with athletic facilities, and available for after-hours event support. Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Respond to: Physical Plant Manager, Wyoming Seminary, 201 N. Sprague Avenue, Kingston, PA 18704.
Wyoming Seminary is seeking a full-time maintenance mechanic for Lower School in Forty Fort. Candidates must be capable of obtaining all required clearances to work in a school, have a valid PA driver’s license, must be customer service-focused and available for after-hours emergencies. Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Physical Plant Manager
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704