Jobs at Sem
- Lower School Admissions Associate
- Physics Teacher - Part Time
- Lower School Coaches
- Summer Opportunities
Lower School Admissions Associate
Wyoming Seminary Lower School is seeking an Admission Associate at our Forty Fort campus. This position reports to the Director of Lower School Admission. With students ranging from toddler to grade 8, the Admission Associate will often be the first contact for prospective families interested in joining this fun and vibrant community of learners. This position requires an ability to provide outstanding “guest service” for children and parents.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work as part of a small office team. Advanced computer skills and the ability to develop a concept into an effective action plan with a high level of detail are required. Some of the duties of the admission associate include database management, planning of admissions events, processing student applications and frequent contact with prospective families via phone, email and tours.
This is a 12-month position that requires work on some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to inspire and partner with a team to achieve common goals
- Success as an organizational team member
- The ability to be self-directed in developing a vision to build effective strategies and to achieve goals without significant oversight
- Inspirational and effective communicator with extraordinary written and verbal skills
- Ability to build rapport with prospective families
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and creative with a sense of humor
- Authentic people skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish strong relationships with potential and current parents, staff and faculty of the school
- Execute admissions, marketing and recruitment initiatives for the Lower School
- Organize and execute admissions events
- Remain current with Lower School admission trends
- Coordinate the re-enrollment of current students in collaboration with the Director of Lower School Admission and the Dean of Wyoming Seminary Lower School
- Represent the Wyoming Seminary Admissions team at events
- Perform all such other related duties consistent with the position as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, master's degree preferred
- One to three years experience in an office environment preferred
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume and the contact details for three references to Julie Bean, Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid, Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School.
PHYSICS TEACHER - Part Time
Wyoming Seminary Upper School is seeking a part-time physics teacher from late August until the end of November. The successful candidate will be able to teach one section of Advanced Placement Physics and two sections of Honors Physics. A cover letter and resume should be forwarded to Jay Harvey, Dean of the Upper School at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Lower School Coaches
The Lower School is looking for the following coaches for upcoming seasons:
Girls lacrosse head coach for grades 7/8
Girls lacrosse head coach for grades 5/6
Girls lacrosse assistant coach for grades 5/6
Boys lacrosse assistant coach for grades 5/6
Coaches are responsible for all operational aspects of the program as well as training, and coaching team members. Coaches are required to abide by the rules and regulations established by PIAA as well as all Wyoming Seminary policies and procedures.
• Train and coach the members of the program
• Coordinate the development and promotion of the program
• Organize and schedule practice sessions
• Manage uniforms and maintenance of equipment
• Represent Wyoming Seminary and the program in a professional manner
HOW TO APPLY
If you or someone you know who might be interested please submit a letter of interest and resume to Paul Burg at email@example.com or contact him at (570) 718-6620.