Jobs at Sem
Wyoming Seminary Lower School is seeking coaches for the girls and boys fifth/sixth-grade lacrosse teams, and the girls and boys seventh/eighth-grade lacrosse teams. To apply for these positions, or for more information, contact Lower School Director of Athletics Paul Burg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-718-6620. EOE
As a college preparatory school, Wyoming Seminary, located in the picturesque area of northeast Pennsylvania, seeks to create active learners, responsible citizens, community leaders, and ethical individuals ready to take their place in the global community of the 21st century. True to our traditions and our values, Wyoming Seminary is committed to supporting promising students from varied backgrounds. The student body of 818 consists of 486 students in grades nine through 12, including 13 postgraduates. The Upper School population features a broad diversity of ethnic, religious, cultural and economic backgrounds, and the 174 boarding students from 18 states and 35 countries provides an opportunity for the school to create a vibrant international community. The Lower School campus in Forty Fort enrolls 332 students in grades toddler through eighth grade.
Reporting to the Physical Plant Manager, the Housekeeping Foreperson oversees the housekeeping department and performs a variety of cleaning responsibilities. Directs various housekeeping related projects as assigned. Manages personnel, material, and cleaning resources that are necessary to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the campus. Ensures that healthy, safe, and sanitary conditions are maintained at a high standard.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Oversee, instruct, and assist with the training of housekeeping staff including health and safety policies and procedures
• Conduct inspections of each housekeeper’s area on a routine basis.
• Check and ensure the cleanliness and preparedness of campus spaces.
• Attend work-related meetings and conferences, as approved.
• Maintain appropriate inventory of all related cleaning supplies and associated products. Review and recommend the application of new or different types of cleaning products or equipment.
• Perform all necessary paperwork, office procedures, and associated administrative responsibilities.
• Performs cleaning tasks as required.
• The ability to work evenings and weekends as required is necessary.
• Respond to emergency calls during or after normal working hours.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Promote harmonious relationships and teamwork within the housekeeping department and with others in the school community.
• Assist and coordinate with the Maintenance Foreperson to support various school events and projects.
• Ensure the preparedness of residential facilities for regular school year and summer school programs.
• Assist with outside work, snow removal and event set-up as needed.
Work is medium to heavy. Walks, lifts, carries, moves, and operates buffing, scrubbing, and other cleaning machines and equipment. Climbs and balances at various heights, stoops, kneels, crouches and crawls in the performance of duties. Works inside and outside. Exposed to various temperatures and working conditions. Must be able to perform the physical job demands and pass the placement physical examination.
High school graduate or equivalent desired. Valid Pa. driver’s license. Ability to acquire all clearances required to work in a school. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to give instructions and provide training for personnel. Previous institutional or commercial cleaning experience required. Knowledge and experience with floor care required. Must be motivated and promote teamwork. Must be highly organized, attentive to detail, and committed to excellence. Previous supervisory experience desired.