The STEM/STEAM Concentration is a four-year program designed for Wyoming Seminary students that has two specific components. First is an academic progression through a focused choice in classes. Second, in concert with the academic coursework, candidates must complete discipline-specific work through independent projects sustained during sophomore, junior, and senior years. This work is chronicled, building a portfolio and leading to a capstone project to be completed by fall term of senior year.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive recognition at graduation of a Concentration in STEM/STEAM with an emphasis in selected discipline(s) and transcript designation. Potential concentration emphases include but are not limited to:
- Natural and Applied Sciences
- Technology / Computer Science
- Art / Design
Timeline for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
- Interest meeting for the class of 2025 will be held September 20
- Applications for class of 2025 due by October 3, 2022
- Cohort for class of 2025 will be selected by October 31, 2022
- Interest meeting for the class of 2026 will be held in February. Check your email for updates or see Mr. Eidam, Dr. Nerozzi, Mr. Doherty, Ms. Ayers, Mr. Webber, or Mrs. Carrick for information.
- Applications for class of 2026 due in March
- New cohort will be selected in early April
- Cohort meetings will begin in late April to plan the individual course of study and expectations for summer 2023
Students enrolled in this concentration program will:
- Cultivate a portfolio throughout their time in the program. This will include the academic intersections, co-curricular pursuits including community service and club membership, as well as attendance and participation in cohort meetings three times each year in the program.
- Design and complete a capstone project by the fall term of senior year.
- Present capstone work and final portfolio to the Sem community in January of senior year.