The STEM/STEAM Concentration is a four-year program designed for Wyoming Seminary students that has two specific components. First is an academic progression through a focused choice in classes. Second, in concert with the academic coursework, candidates must complete discipline-specific work through independent projects sustained during sophomore, junior, and senior years. This work is chronicled, building a portfolio and leading to a capstone project to be completed by fall term of senior year.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive recognition at graduation of a Concentration in STEM/STEAM with an emphasis in selected discipline(s) and transcript designation. Potential concentration emphases include but are not limited to:
- Natural and Applied Sciences
- Technology / Computer Science
- Art / Design
Timeline for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
- Introductory meeting will be held during the Fall Term. Check your email for updates from Mr. Eidam, Dr. Nerozzi, Mr. Doherty, and Mrs. Carrick
- Applications will be released in January 2021
- First Cohort will be selected by April 2021
- Cohort meetings will begin in late April to plan individual course of study and expectations for summer 2021
Students enrolled in this concentration program will:
- Submit an application for the program in the winter term of freshman year. Other interested students may apply by meeting with a program director.
- Cultivate a portfolio throughout their time in the program. This will include the academic intersections, co-curricular pursuits including community service and club membership, as well as attendance and participation in cohort meetings three times each year in the program.
- Design and complete a capstone project by the fall term of senior year.
- Present capstone work and final portfolio to the Sem community in January of senior year.