Give to Sem
Gifts to Wyoming Seminary fuel the future of the school and its students.
- Ways to Give
- Annual Giving Campaign
- Giving Levels
- EITC Program
- Information on Planned Giving
- Sem Stories
There are several ways to give to Sem. Questions? Contact the Alumni Office at (570) 270-2140 or email@example.com.
Give with PayPal
Credit Card Gift by Phone
We accept American Express, VISA and MasterCard by phone. Call 570-270-2140 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday-Friday.
stock and securities
Securities should be transferred through the DTC Clearing system using the following instructions:
- Merrill Lynch DTC #: 8862
- Account Name: Wyoming Seminary
- Further credit to Account #: 882-04362
Pledge or Give by Mail
Please provide your name, relationship to the school (class year or child’s graduating year) and the area of Sem you wish to support. Choices include academics, athletics, faculty support, scholarships, performing/fine arts, in memory of and in honor of. Mail may be sent to:
Alumni and Development Office
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593
To learn about volunteer opportunities with the Alumni Council or the Parents Associations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Giving Campaign
When you support the Annual Giving Campaign...
You ensure that excellence is revered. You support teachers who inspire students. You nurture friendships that overcome stereotypes. You foster interests that become passions. You transform lives.
Designate your gift to a special area of interest or make a gift that will be used to address the greatest needs of the school for the current fiscal year. Either way, you will be supporting an institution known for creating strength, leadership and a brighter future for all.
• Academic Support (Science, Mathematics, Global Languages, English and History)
• Financial Aid
• Building and Property Maintenance
• Greatest Current Needs
Recognition Giving Levels
|Donchess Society||$10,000 or more|
|President’s Anniversary Circle||$5,000 to $9,999|
|President’s Cabinet||$2,500 to $4,999|
|The Founder’s Society||$1,844 to $2,499|
|Nelson Tower Associates||$1,000 to $1,843|
|Levi Sprague Fellows||$500 to $999|
|1844 Club||$250 to $499|
|Dean’s Society||$100 to $249|
|Blue & White Club||$1 to $99|
Your company can transform the lives of future Sem graduates through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program. By making a contribution to Sem’s scholarship fund through EITC, your company can receive Pa. State tax credit equal to 75 percent of your contribution. If your company commits to the program for two consecutive years, the credit will be 90 percent of your contribution.
HOW IT WORKS
• More than $75 million is available on a first-comefirst-served basis for contributions to scholarship organizations like Wyoming Seminary.
• Companies in Pennsylvania that pay any of the following taxes qualify to participate:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchises Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Insurance Premium Tax
• Information regarding application deadlines can be found here.*
What is the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program?
The EITC Program enables companies to support nonprofit schools at minimal cost. Instead of sending tax dollars to Harrisburg, companies can reallocate them to support Wyoming Seminary’s financial aid program.
Who may make EITC gifts?
You might be surprised. Businesses ranging from neighborhood pharmacies, to mid-sized companies, to large corporations all are eligible. This includes the following type of businesses:
• C-Corporations (taxed at the corporate level)
• Sole Proprietors
• Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s)
• Subchapter S corporations and other businesses that pay their State business taxes under the personal income tax on PA business income
How much of a business’ tax liability can be donated to Wyoming Seminary through EITC
Businesses can receive a tax credit equal to 75% of a contribution up to $750,000 per year. The credit increases to 90% if the business agrees to provide the same amount for two years.
Can Sem help me apply?
Yes. We will work with you. We want to make the process as simple as possible. Contact John H. Shafer at (570) 270-2140 or e-mail email@example.com.
THANKS TO OUR PARTICIPANTS
• Almo Corporation
• Benco Dental Company
• Carr & Duff, Inc.
• Community Bank
• Cornell Iron Works
• Crestwood Membranes, Inc.
• Fidelity Deposit and Discount Bank
• First Keystone Community Bank
• First National Bank of Pennsylvania
• First National Community Bank
• Frontier Communications
• KNBT Bank
• Koberlein Environmental Service
• Lackawanna Casualty Company
• Luzerne Bank
• Martz Group
• Masonry Preservation Services, Inc.
• Medico Industries
• Metz Culinary Management
• National Penn Bank
• Penn Security Bank
• Petroleum Service Company
• PNC Bank
• Pride Mobility Products Corps.
• Snyder & Clemente
• Sordoni Construction Services
• Straub Metal International
• Topp Copy