Wrestling - Girls Varsity
Wyoming Seminary is a trailblazer in the sport of girls wrestling.
Wyoming Seminary first offered girls wrestling in 2017, at which point Sem became the first high school girls wrestling team in the state of Pennsylvania.
The team competes in freestyle (collegiate/Olympic) wrestling, traveling to top domestic and international competitions. Sem wrestlers have won collegiate titles, as well as USA Wrestling age group national titles and United World Wrestling world championship medals.
· National Prep Wrestling Champions
· Tallinn Open Champions
· Six All-Americans, two National Team members, two national runners-up, one Pan-American team member and one National Champion at Women's Nationals
· Ultimate Club Dual Champions, Fall 2021
· Tallinn Open Champions
·. Journeyman World Classic Champions
· Ultimate Club Duals Runners-up
· No. 1-ranked high school girls wrestling team in the nation by USA Wrestling, National Wrestling Hall of Fame and FloWrestling
· Sunshine National Duals Champions
· Kennedy Blades UWW Junior National Champion (2020)
· Ava Bayless UWW Junior National Team - 3rd (2020)
· Kennedy Blades - 2021 Junior World Champion
· Korina Blades - 2021 Junior World Bronze Medalist
· Team USA won the Junior World Championship title for the first time ever with Korina Blades and Kennedy Blades earning key team points. The team was coached by Sem head coach Erin Vandiver
· Lillian Freitas - Cadet World Bronze Medalist
· Reese Larramendy - Junior National team member - 3rd
· Rianne Murphy - Cadet National team member - 3rd - 2021 Pan American Champion
· Faith Bartoszek - U15 National Champion - 2021 Pan American Champion
· Prep National Individual Champions: Tiffany Stoshak, Avery Kibelbek, Ava Bayless, Carina Giangeruso, Kendall Bostelman, Lily Freitas, Piper Hall.
· Win vs. Russia in dual match in St. Petersburg
· Win vs. Mongolia in dual match in Kingston, PA
· Finger Lakes Duals Champions
· National Prep Wrestling Champions
· Prep Nationals Individual Champions: Caitlyn Walker, Ava Bayless, Sophie Smith, Piper Hall, Kennedy Blades
2018-19 Season Highlights
· First place at Finger Lake Duals
· First place at Sem Ladies Open
· First place at Sem World Duals
· Win over USA All-Stars at the NCAA Fan Fest Dual
· 31 international medals (9 gold)
· Second place Cadet, third place Junior at the Flatz Open, Austria
· Third overall team (boys and girls) at the Tallinn Open, Estonia (out of 210 team and 2,246 wrestlers)
· Sem wrestlers qualified for USA World Team and won National Championships – Kennedy Blades 73kg (U17), Korina Blades 58kg (U15), Reese Larramendy 62kg (U15). Also earning National Team status were Vayle-rae Baker 2nd (U23), Reese Larramendy 2nd (U15) and Ava Bayless 3rd (U17).
2017-18 Season Highlights
· Three Sem wrestlers qualified for USA National Team (top three) – Vayle-rae Baker (2nd), Amanda Walker (3rd), and Ashlynn Ortega (2nd)
· The 2017-18 season was the first for the program, and all three seniors are now actively involved in collegiate wrestling. Ashlynn Ortega and Cheyenne Sistenstein attend King University and made WCWA All-American as true freshman and each carries over a 3.5 grade point average. Marlee Smith attends Arizona State University, where she is on the men’s roster and trains with Olympian Kelsey Campbell and World Team member Victoria Anthony of the world renowned Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club.
For more information about the program, please call Sem's Admissions Office at (570) 270-2160.
Wyoming Seminary 2023-24 Girls Wrestling Roster
Last Updated: Nov. 1, 2023
Savannah Arroyo '26
Emma Bacon '27
Clare Booe '24
Jaclyn Bouzakis '27
Emily Brown '24
Lyla Devereaux '26
Isis France '25
Emma Grimes '28
Hannah Lawrence '26
Taina McGowan '27
Amelia Murphy '25
Rianne Murphy '24
Lisa Pastoriza '25
Cece Ravenelle '24
Tiffany Stoshak '24
Cornell Robinson — Head Coach, Interim Director of Wrestling Programs
Cornell Robinson was named Wyoming Seminary's Head Boys Wrestling Coach in August 2021.
In his first season at Sem, Coach Robinson helped the Blue Knights win team state and national titles at the Pennsylvania Independent School Wrestling Tournament and the National Prep Wrestling Championships. In his second season, he led the Blue Knights to a fourth-place finish at nationals with four Sem wrestlers winning individual national titles.
Coach Robinson was previously Head Coach at Christian Brothers College High School, a preparatory school in St. Louis, Missouri, from 2014-21. He also held head coaching duties at Timberland High School (2008-14) and Parkway North High School (2004-05), in addition to coaching internationally.
Aside from wrestling, Coach Robinson has coached high school and college football, including Cheyney University, an NCAA Division II program.
Coach Robinson is a 2001 graduate of Evangel University (Missouri), where he earned a bachelor's degree in physical education. He helped football at Evangel, earning All-American honors in 2000. He earned a master's in education from Lindenwood University in 2007.
Coach Robinson's coaching philosophy involves developing wrestlers to reach their full potential — as both students and athletes — with a responsibility to develop them into upstanding citizens committed to excellence. He helps wrestlers bring a positive attitude and work ethic to the classroom and wrestling mat with a focus on goal-setting.
Bret Fry — Head Assistant Coach
Originally from California, where he wrestled in high school and at Rancho Santiago College, Bret Fry joined the Wyoming Seminary girls wrestling staff in 2021 as an assistant coach.
Fry has helped the Blue Knights achieve success on the national and international stage, including in 2023 when Sem won first place at the National Prep Wrestling Championships and Tallinn Open. Five of his wrestlers following the season were finalists in summer at the USA Wrestling 16U and Junior National Championships in Fargo, North Dakota.
Will Weber — Head Assistant Coach
Will Weber is a graduate of nearby Lake-Lehman, where he was a two-time PIAA state qualifier and is a member of the school's Wrestling Hall of Fame.
Weber previously was an assistant varsity boys wrestling coach at Crestwood (2010-12) and Lake-Lehman (2012-15) before joining the Wyoming Seminary wrestling staff in 2015 as an assistant coach. During his tenure, Sem has won two team titles in 2020 and 2022 at the National Prep Wrestling Championships and produced dozens of NCAA wrestlers.