Check out our Lower School Highlights:
Recycling Right at Lower School
In addition to recycling paper, cardboard, aluminum, and plastic at the Lower School, our Environmental Club sponsors Crayola ColorCycle and also TerraCycle recycling. We recycle all marker types, mechanical pencils, pens, plastic tape centers and Elmer’s glue containers.
• Annual Global Cardboard Challenge/Global Day of Play: open to community, this event is all about having fun with games and art created by upcycling cardboard.
• Annual Tesla cars visits and presentations on both campuses led by Bill Hinko ‘82
• Continuing our partnership with Forty Fort Shade Tree Commission and Forester Vincent Cotrone: our students have helped to plant trees on the streets surrounding the school for more than twenty years, most recently on Murray Street.
Lower School Grades 3-8 Environmental Club Highlights
• “Breathe Easy” program: spider plant donations were made to classrooms and information was shared about how they improve indoor air quality.
• Continuation of our t-shirt bags program: We continue to convert donated t-shirts to t-shirt bags in an effort to promote the reduction of plastic bag use
• Environmental Club green crafts parties during the holidays
• Annual Earth Day dress-down day to raise money for future green Sem projects and the following local and global charities: World Wildlife Federation (Earth Hour sponsor), North Branch Land Trust, Lackawanna Sanctuary reforestation, Blue Chip Farm no-kill animal refuge, and Earthday Network’s Trees for Earth