Audition Info Summer Creative Arts
Audition Materials for each Program:
- Please submit either a video or photograph of yourself demonstrating first arabesque and/or tendu a la second.
Music Festival (Instrumental and Vocal) Requirements:
- Please submit a video no more than five minutes that includes excerpts of two movements, works, or etudes in contrasting styles, either accompanied or unaccompanied.
- Applicants should submit an audition which includes a monologue from an American copyrighted play/theater piece not exceeding one minute and a musical excerpt from a Broadway show not exceeding two minutes, with accompaniment.
Note: In addition to an audition, all Dance, Music Festival, and Theater applicants must also submit a completed online application.
- Use the best available visual and audio devices possible. Film as if at a live audition.
- At the beginning of your audition:
- State your name, age, and place of residence (US state or country if international)
- State your instrument and the name/composer of the piece you will be performing
- At the conclusion of your audition:
- State "I have reached the end of my audition" and repeat your full name.
- Naming your Audition File:
- [Program/Instrument] Audition: Full Name, Date
- Oboe Audition: Taylor Smith, 01/02/2019
Submitting your Audition:
- Videos can be submitted as a direct URL or an unlisted Youtube video to: email@example.com.
How to Create and Unlisted Youtube Video:
- An unlisted video is a different type of private video. "Unlisted" means that your video can only be viewed by those who have received the link. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different than a private video because you do not need a YouTube account to watch the video (you can see an unlisted video if someone sends you the video's link) and there is no 25 person sharing limit.
- You can choose to make any of your uploads an unlisted video in your YouTube account settings. Here’s how:
- Sign into your YouTube account (create one if you do not already have one)
- Go to your "My Videos" page
- Select the video which you would like to make an unlisted video. Click the “Edit” button to access the video’s settings.
- Go to the Privacy section of the page. There you’ll see the option to mark you video as “unlisted”, “public”, or “private”. Select unlisted.
- Don’t forget to click the “Save Changes” button. Once you have done this your video will be an unlisted video.