"I was impressed by both the quality and quantity of work produced...All four of my students, including my daughter, were inspired and motivated and came back to my program better dancers. The small numbers and personal attention, along with the friendliness of all faculty and students made their experience outstanding!"Deborah Flemming, Teacher/Director, Taipei American Dance School
July 8-August 4
Two 2-week sessions offered • Day and boarding options, ages 10-18
The Summer Creative Arts Dance program is comprised of one 2-week ballet-intensive session focusing on all levels of ballet, with pointe classes available for advanced students and a second 2-week session devoted to modern and contemporary dance.
The rigorous program is led by a faculty of professional dancers and choreographers who come from diverse backgrounds and have immeasurable professional experience. The curriculum allows dancers to refine their technique and increase stamina. Master classes offered by guest artists emphasize artistic experience. Both 2-week sessions offer a closing performance with dancers, guest artists and faculty.
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2400 per 2-week session
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day (ages 10-18) and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
Phone: (570) 270-2161
Fax: (570) 270-2198
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.
For day students ages 10-18 and boarding students ages 12-18
This section will help you navigate the application process. Once you have been accepted, you will also find information here about how to complete your enrollment.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
In addition to your application, supporting documentation is required. Please submit the additional forms below in order to complete your application.
• Auditions are required for the following programs: Symphony, Voice, Dance and Theater. Click here for audition information.
You may mail supplementary forms to:
Summer at Sem
201 N. Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704 U.S.A.
After acceptance, enrollment forms must be submitted in a timely manner. You must log in to our secure portal to complete the electronic forms. A username and password will be emailed to you and then you may begin the process. Once you have your login credentials, go to MySem.