"As a parent of a young cellist, it was very gratifying to hear him praise your program. [Your program] offered each student great personal attention and intense training in an environment conducive to hard work. Being exposed to true professionals and talented peers, along with the chance to play larger and more challenging works, helped the young musicians progress exponentially. "Ang Lee, parent of summer student
July 15-July 29
One 2-week session offered • Day and boarding options, ages 12-18
Symphony Orchestra is comprised of teachers, counselors and students who rehearse a professional-level repertoire daily. Qualified players rotate in their sectionals according to the repertoire’s orchestration and degree of difficulty.
Students can practice and improve instruments such as the violin, cello, piano, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, percussion, and more!
Chamber music is a daily staple as each student is assigned to a chamber ensemble.
Students work closely with an international faculty, gaining exposure to their individual vision and style while performing major works of the repertoire. Rarely do young performers have continuous exposure to such significant works and the opportunity to perform them so well.
Each week will feature a renowned guest conductor and concert on Saturday evening.
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2400 per 2-week session
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day (ages 10-18) and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
Phone: (570) 270-2161
Fax: (570) 270-2198
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.
For day students ages 10-18 and boarding students ages 12-18
This section will help you navigate the application process. Once you have been accepted, you will also find information here about how to complete your enrollment.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
In addition to your application, supporting documentation is required. Please submit the additional forms below in order to complete your application.
• Auditions are required for the following programs: Symphony, Voice, Dance and Theater. Click here for audition information.
You may mail supplementary forms to:
Summer at Sem
201 N. Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704 U.S.A.
After acceptance, enrollment forms must be submitted in a timely manner. You must log in to our secure portal to complete the electronic forms. A username and password will be emailed to you and then you may begin the process. Once you have your login credentials, go to MySem.