"As a parent of a young cellist, it was very gratifying to hear him praise your program. Your program offered each student great personal attention and intense training in an environment conducive to hard work. Being exposed to true professionals and talented peers, along with the chance to play larger and more challenging works, helped the young musicians progress exponentially. "Ang Lee, parent of summer student
Summer Music Festival
July 14-July 28, 2019
One 2-week session offered • Day and boarding options, ages 12-18
The Instrumental Music program is comprised of teachers, counselors and students who rehearse a professional-level repertoire daily. Qualified players rotate in their sectionals according to the repertoire’s orchestration and degree of difficulty.
Students can practice and improve instruments such as the violin, cello, piano, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, percussion, and more!
Chamber music is a daily staple as each student is assigned to a chamber ensemble.
Students work closely with an international faculty, gaining exposure to their individual vision and style while performing major works of the repertoire. Rarely do young performers have continuous exposure to such significant works and the opportunity to perform them so well.
Each week will feature a renowned guest conductor and concert on Saturday evening.
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2500 per 2-week session
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.