"One of the most worthwhile things I have ever done to work on my talents. I hope that I've added to the musical and caring atmosphere as much as I've taken from it."Mary Rose Luksha, Musical Theater student
July 8th - August 4th
Two 2-week sessions offered • Day and boarding options, ages 10-18
Students will discover acting, dance, and vocal skills, along with stage presence and performance coaching.
Courses include a unique growth opportunity through three different tracks: acting/directing, musical theater, and design/technology.
Our comprehensive program allows students to develop stage skills while working as a collaborative ensemble.
Creative development flourishes by working side-by-side with established professionals and guest artists.
This program offers students the ability to study theater arts for a total of four weeks with a final performance at the session end.
- A robust and re-imagined offering of coursework, training and master classes focused on the art and craft of theater, performance technique, industry practices, and auditioning.
- An impressive roster of Broadway caliber and industry professional guest artists, working closely with students both in master class experiences and performance.
- The opportunity to learn, create and perform in the state-of-the-art Kirby Center for the Arts. This state of the art facility includes professional-level practice rooms, classrooms and dance studio, in addition to a 600-seat theater with the finest in lighting, sound and acoustics.
- All participants will take an active role in the creation of an original theatrical performance, integrating new work, classic and seminal theater masterpieces, collaborating with faculty and guest artists and performing on stage in a fully realized performance where every student has the chance to shine.
- Intensive, and thrilling, training in acting, voice, movement and the integration of the various theatrical disciplines.
- A safe, supportive and creative atmosphere where students feel empowered to investigate, create, and express themselves through theater.
Participants in the theater program at Summer at Sem Creative Arts will pursue their artistic passions, build friendships and foster professional connections that will last a lifetime. Alumni of our program have gone on to study at some of the nation’s finest theater training programs, many enjoy successful careers in a variety of avenues within the world of the professional theater, and time and again express how profoundly our program “changed their life.”
We are proud to welcome Pennsylvania native, Jeremiah Downes as our new director of the summer Creative Arts Theater Program!
Jeremiah is Assistant Professor of Theatre and Head of Voice for Musical Theatre at Western Michigan University. Prior to his transition into teaching full time, he spent almost two decades as a successful singing actor in Philadelphia and New York City, appearing in leading roles and in world premieres with some of Broadway's finest. A sought-after teacher, master class clinician and coach, he continues to maintain a studio in New York City and Philadelphia.
His clients have found success on Broadway, in film and on television, in opera houses and in recording studios.
Jeremiah is beyond excited to arrive on campus in July to begin working with our students!
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2400 per 2-week session
For day students ages 10-18 and boarding students ages 12-18
This section will help you navigate the application process. Once you have been accepted, you will also find information here about how to complete your enrollment.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
In addition to your application, supporting documentation is required. Please submit the additional forms below in order to complete your application.
• Auditions are required for the following programs: Symphony, Voice, Dance and Theater. Click here for audition information.
You may mail supplementary forms to:
Summer at Sem
201 N. Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704 U.S.A.
After acceptance, enrollment forms must be submitted in a timely manner. You must log in to our secure portal to complete the electronic forms. A username and password will be emailed to you and then you may begin the process. Once you have your login credentials, go to MySem.
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.