1 Week Sessions Offered from July 9th-August 3rd
Four 1-week sessions offered • Day and boarding options, ages 12-18
Explore and develop artistic skills in different disciplines. Limited enrollment affords students undivided instruction and skill-building opportunities. Sessions are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with activities for boarding students on evenings and weekends.
July 9-13: Filmmaking - The digital film workshop is an introduction to moviemaking. Learn about shot sizes, angles, editing techniques and style. This is a course for beginners and novices, and a good refresher course for students who already have some film experience.
July 9-July 13: Discovering Realism - This class for beginner and intermediate students with a concentration on the development of fundamental representational drawing skills. Students will also have the opportunity to produce a creative project during this five-day class.
July 16-20: Ceramics - In this week-long workshop you will sculpt and fire white stoneware vessels. Spend time making and selecting the best works to be covered with a layer of terra-sigillata, heated up to 1196 degrees Fahrenheit, and etched with horse hair, feathers and sugar. This intensive class will refine your wheel skills and you will leave with a small body of work.
July 23-July 27: Jewelry & Metalsmithing- Explore the manipulating of metal and learn to create three dimensional objects from flat metal sheet and wire. We will start with cutting a design out of metal and learn a variety of cold connections as means of attachment. Students will have the option to turn their pieces into jewelry or a metal object. Basic fabrication techniques such as sawing, piercing, filing, riveting, and oxidation will be covered. By pushing the boundaries of metal, students will learn to delve into a makers mindset and establish a new appreciation for this material that we come into contact with everyday. All levels welcome, no experience necessary.
July 30-August 3: Exploring Photography - Join your friends or meet new ones in this hands-on, interactive photography course. You have a unique vision, so use it to capture memorable images while learning the technical aspects of digital photography. The course will culminate with a final framed project and mini exhibit at the session’s end.
Day students: $475 per 1-week session
Boarding students: $1200 per 1-week session
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day (ages 10-18) and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
Phone: (570) 270-2161
Fax: (570) 270-2198
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.
For day students ages 10-18 and boarding students ages 12-18
This section will help you navigate the application process. Once you have been accepted, you will also find information here about how to complete your enrollment.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
In addition to your application, supporting documentation is required. Please submit the additional forms below in order to complete your application.
• Auditions are required for the following programs: Symphony, Voice, Dance and Theater. Click here for audition information.
You may mail supplementary forms to:
Summer at Sem
201 N. Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704 U.S.A.
After acceptance, enrollment forms must be submitted in a timely manner. You must log in to our secure portal to complete the electronic forms. A username and password will be emailed to you and then you may begin the process. Once you have your login credentials, go to MySem.