Our ensembles perform major works at the collegiate level in a variety of genres and styles. The faculty, conductors and counselors, who join students in all ensembles, represent major universities, conservatories and ensembles across the globe. As a result, students leave with stronger performance standards, a greater appreciation of the arts, and as members of a global musical community.
Summer Music Festival
July 14-July 28, 2019
One 2-week session offered • Day and boarding options, ages 12-18
Vocal students who seek to expand their skills and repertoire for either professional of personal aspirations will be afforded the opportunity to study with masters within the field. At Creative Arts we love singing!
Intensive rehearsal, practice and class time are devoted to in-depth development of technical and expressive abilities. Beyond the core classes and choruses, vocal track students explore traditional solo and ensemble repertoire. In addition, students will study vocal wellness and eurhythmic techniques to ensure proper development and wellness.
During this session two unique guest conductors will lead and mentor students to a performance on Saturday evenings.
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2500 per 2-week session
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.