Our ensembles perform major works at the collegiate level in a variety of genres and styles. The faculty, conductors and counselors, who join students in all ensembles, represent major universities, conservatories and ensembles across the globe. As a result, students leave with stronger performance standards, a greater appreciation of the arts, and as members of a global musical community.
Summer Music Festival
July 14-July 28, 2019
The Summer at Sem Music Festival is a two-week program for young musicians working with expert faculty from around the country to hone their craft in the beautiful environment of Wyoming Seminary. Students will perform in large ensembles right alongside the faculty, as well as small chamber music ensembles, and work on solo repertoire in private lessons. Courses such as "Mindfulness and Wellbeing for Musicians" and "Music Entrepreneurship" empower students to think about how music will fit into their lives in the long term. Guest artists and conductors-in-residence lend their expertise as we pursue musical excellence in a warm and supportive environment.
The Vocal Performance program of the Summer at Sem Music Festival is designed for dedicated vocalists who want to explore the many facets involved in developing the singer’s art, in the Concert Choir, as well as solo work and chamber ensembles. Vocal students who seek to expand their skills and repertoire for either professional or personal aspirations will benefit from this opportunity to study with master faculty within the field. Intensive rehearsal and class time are devoted to in-depth development of technical and expressive abilities, including posture, breathing, resonance, diction, style, phrasing, and textual communication. During this program, guest conductors-in-residence will lead and mentor students in preparation for two Saturday evening large-ensemble concerts, and faculty will prepare students for frequent solo and chamber recital opportunities.
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
9:00 a.m. – Studio masterclass /
10:00 a.m. – Festival Chorus
11:15 a.m. – Lessons / Practice time
12:15 p.m. – Lunch
1:00 p.m. – Lessons / Practice time
1:30 p.m. – Vocal Chamber Music
3:00 p.m. – Concert Choir
7:30 p.m. – Evening activity (recitals & concerts)
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2500 per 2-week session
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.