Our ensembles perform major works at the collegiate level in a variety of genres and styles. The faculty, conductors and counselors, who join students in all ensembles, represent major universities, conservatories and ensembles across the globe. As a result, students leave with stronger performance standards, a greater appreciation of the arts, and as members of a global musical community.
July 15-July 29
One 2-week session offered • Day and boarding options, ages 10-18
Vocal students who seek to expand their skills and repertoire for either professional of personal aspirations will be afforded the opportunity to study with masters within the field. At Creative Arts we love singing!
Intensive rehearsal, practice and class time are devoted to in-depth development of technical and expressive abilities. Beyond the core classes and choruses, vocal track students explore traditional solo and ensemble repertoire. In addition, students will study vocal wellness and eurhythmic techniques to ensure proper development and wellness.
During this session two unique guest conductors will lead and mentor students to a performance on Saturday evenings.
• Areas of study including dance, theater, vocal performance, symphony orchestra, visual arts, and junior arts
• Experienced, talented faculty, guest artists and conductors, with multiple opportunities to perform with them in small and large ensembles
• Individualized attention in a warm and nurturing environment
• New Kirby Center for Creative Arts featuring a 600-seat theater with professional lighting, acoustics and technology
• Professional-level dance studio, practice rooms and classrooms
• Beautiful, college-like campus and a welcoming community
• Programs open to both day (ages 10-18) and boarding students (ages 12-18), both U.S. and international
• Junior arts day program (ages 7-12) featuring a sample of several art disciplines and a collaborative performance at session’s end
9:00am – studio masterclass / group lesson
9:00am – chamber music coaching
11:00am – lessons / practice time
12:15pm – lunch
1:15pm – Festival Chorus rehearsal
2:30pm – class
4:00pm – Concert Choir / Symphony Orchestra rehearsal
6:00pm – dinner
7:30pm – evening activity*
*Wednesday July 18: faculty recital
*Thursday July 19: TA / RA recital
*Friday July 20: Dance and Theater show
*Monday July 23: Udi Bar-David performance
*Tuesday July 24: student recital
*Wednesday July 25: faculty recital
*Thursday July 26: TA / RA recital
*Friday July 27: student recital
Day students: $950 per 2-week session
Boarding students: $2400 per 2-week session
Phone: (570) 270-2161
Fax: (570) 270-2198
Summer at Sem
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593 U.S.A.
For day students ages 10-18 and boarding students ages 12-18
This section will help you navigate the application process. Once you have been accepted, you will also find information here about how to complete your enrollment.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
In addition to your application, supporting documentation is required. Please submit the additional forms below in order to complete your application.
• Auditions are required for the following programs: Symphony, Voice, Dance and Theater. Click here for audition information.
You may mail supplementary forms to:
Summer at Sem
201 N. Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704 U.S.A.
After acceptance, enrollment forms must be submitted in a timely manner. You must log in to our secure portal to complete the electronic forms. A username and password will be emailed to you and then you may begin the process. Once you have your login credentials, go to MySem.